Here’s the first of a few recipes that’ll be appearing in the Fifty Two Wednesdays Advent Calendar. These cookies make an absolutely delicious treat, and a great gift to give on Christmas day! They also taste pretty good with a little piped icing on them, so you can personalise them however you want.
Makes 30 small cookies
- 300g plain flour
- 50g flax seed
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 110g butter
- 170g brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tbsp honey
- Water (if mixture is too crumbly)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190
- Sift the flour, flax seed, baking powder and ginger together into a mixing bowl
- Chop the butter into small pieces and rub into the dry mixture until it has the consistency of breadcrumbs
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Beat and egg and add the honey to it, then pour this into the mixture
- Mix it all together to form a dough
- Roll out & cut into shapes before baking in the oven for 10-15 mins
- Wait until cooled and ice with festive designs!
Ok, so mine might look a little shoddy but they taste delicious! The dough can also be frozen for up to two weeks before baking, so you can store some away to bake fresh on Christmas day if you want.
Yesterday’s post: Low Cost Christmas Gifts
Tomorrow’s post: Christmas Dinners Around the World