Christmas dinner is pretty much the most anticipated meal of the year for me. I don’t often have the opportunity to see all my family in such a short space of time, let alone sit down and share a meal with them. I always pig out far more than I should… and yet I still find room for dessert.
Obviously, there’s a couple of traditional festive puddings, but – at least in my house – we always just go for whatever tastes good. I haven’t had a chance to bake them all, so I’ve decided to consult the internet for recipes in this post (links underneath the pictures). So, without further ado, here are my top 8 desserts to have at Christmas:
1) We might as well start with one of the classics. It’s boozy, it’s fruity, and you can set it on fire – what more could you want from a dessert?
2) Always a great choice of dessert at any dinner gathering. I mean, who doesn’t like apple pie?
3) Another traditional pud – my favourite one, in fact. I’m a sucker for all things chocolatey, and I will never turn down a slice of yule log no matter how full I am.
4) I’ve only had this sweet treat once or twice, but it makes for a delicious (and fairly light) choice of after-dinner indulgence.
5) This dessert can be whipped up in less than twenty minutes, so if you’re looking for something easy, you’ve found it.
6) Another favourite of mine. A good lemon meringue pie should be sweet, soft and – most importantly of all – chewy.
7) I’ve made this a couple of times before. It’s pretty easy, and doesn’t actually require any baking at all. Great for the lazy baker!
8) You simply can’t go wrong with this classic. Tastes amazing on it’s own, with some fruit, or just a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Yesterday’s post: The Christmas Drinking Game
Tomorrow’s post: I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day